What is Hydrotherapy?
The practice of using water, ice or steam to enhance health, prevent and treat disease, release stress and tension, and recover muscles from daily activity.
- Egyptians used hot baths to ease pain and invoke relaxation by placing sizzling rocks into water.
- In Ancient Greece, elaborate structures were built around natural hot springs as early-day hospitals and meeting places.
- Roman soldiers routinely used hot wells to recover from their physical and emotional wounds.
What is the right water temperature?
- Cold immersion baths : helps to stimulate the nervous and circulatory systems.
- Hot Baths : are ideal to relax the body. relieve stress and insomnia.
How long should I stay in a hot tub?
You should soak somewhere between 15-30 minutes at a time. . Bathing in hot water for a long time can cause nausea, dizziness or fainting.
Hot Tub Health Benefits
There are things that can't be cured by a good bath but I can't think of one..
- Improves heart function: Cardiac volume increases by nearly one-third with immersion to the neck, meaning your heart gets a cardiovascular workout.
- Helps lower back pain: A hot bath is a great way to bring healing warmth to your lower back. Heat stimulates blood flow, which brings healing nutrients to the affected area of the low back and inhibits the pain messages being sent to the brain.
- Better sleep: A hot bath prompts relaxation and an increase in body temperature helps you fall asleep faster and sleep more soundly.
- Revitalizes the skin : Adding a few tablespoons of sea salt to warm water regenerates damaged cells and stimulates skin functions. The use of sponges helps remove dead skin cells and increases blood circulation.
- Helps relieve arthritis: Immersing in warm water raises your body temperature, causing your blood vessels to dilate and increasing Relieves circulation. This results in Reduced less swelling and pain, and muscle pain increases mobility. Water buoyancy reduces the weight that joints, bones, and muscles have to bear. Warmth and pressure of water also reduce swelling and reduces load on painful joints.
- Purifies your lungs: A hot water bath allows the body to lose toxins through sweating. Adding a few drops of eucalyptus oil to hot water and inhaling the steam will purify your lungs and help sooth sore throat, congestion and sinus problems.
- Releases stress. Ten minutes of immersion in hot water produces increases in pulse and finger temperature with increased feelings of well-being and decreased anxiety.
- Reduce Sugar Level : Study showed that sugar levels of diabetics who immersed themselves in a hot water tub everyday for 20-30 minutes a day for three weeks, had reduced by 13%
- Relieves muscle pain : Stimulates the release of endorphins - chemicals that kill pain and improve mood - and improves blood flow meaning that oxygen and nutrients can more quickly and effectively remove pain causing lactic acid that accumulates in muscles during intense workouts.
Aromatherapy and hot tubs
Adding some blends can enhance the hot tub experience and provide various benefits. There are numerous therapeutic benefits of aromatherapy products, including being natural remedies for aches and pains, having anti-inflammatory effects, muscle relaxation for tension and stress, and skin moisturization.
- Lemon. Stimulates the mind, but it also calms the emotions.
- Mint. Relieves tension, stimulates the senses.
- Clary Sage. Anti-depressant, mood balancer, relief from nervous tension.
Dreamspas Limited has become the UK's leading wellness expert within a short period of time, providing exceptional hot tubs, swim spas and saunas alongside an awesome customer experience with ultimate wellness experience.You can relax to a hydrotherapy massage, get a total body workout with exercise bands, row bars and an aqua bike or swim endlessly in our infinity edge swim spa.
We promote health through hydrotherapy. For 17 years of Wellis Europe innovation, design and quality has defined our spas - but our passion has always been Wellness.
Checkout our showroom location at https://dreamspas.co.uk/showrooms
Subscribe to Dreamspas YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/youtubedreamspas