By now, the weather has grown hot, and most homeowners have opned their swimming pools for the summer. In fact, the heated water of a hot tub can be especially luxurious when the outside temperature drops. Of course, if you want to enjoy your hot tub year-round, you also need to maintain it 365 days a year. Daily maintenance doesn’t have to be time-consuming. Even less regular maintenance can go pretty quickly once you get the hang of it. The main thing is developing a good schedule sticking to it. So what is the perfect maintenance schedule for a hot tub or spa?Here’s a great sample schedule from the pros at Dreamspas.
If you want to get the most out of your hot tub, you will need to be sure that you don’t skip maintenance chores. The easiest way to do that is to have a set schedule.
This is hardly more than a quick glance
- Is the cover ON? - Make sure the cover is on securely
- Water Temperature - If the temperature is stable, you are done
- Inspect Cover - Check for tears or other obvious damages
Three times a week
Spending 5 or 10 minutes every couple of days will save you time and money
- Test the water - check the pH alkalinity, and chlorine levels once a week try to get everything properly adjusted.
- Shock - You can use chlorine based or non-chlorine shock. Leave the cover off for a few hours afterward to let the chemical off-gas
- Rinse Filter - Remove the filter and rinse it with plain tap water
- Clean Cover - Use a wet cloth and some cleaning fluid or very diluted bleach. Clean top and bottom
Every month, you will need to do a slightly more intense cleaning. You can synchronize your monthly check with you daily and weekly checks to save time.
- Chemical Rise : Rise your filter with specialized filter cleaning chemicals.
- Inspect Jets : Make sure each jet is working and there is no external damage like cracks or loose parts.
- Professional Test : Bring your water to a pool store for professional testing
Once a season
There are certain types of deep cleaning and maintenance that you really only need to bother with about 4 times a year. We suggest doing it at the changes of seasons to keep it simple.
- Clean Cabinet: Use a brush and the appropriate cleaning fluid for the material of your hot tub cabinet,
- Drain and Cleaning : Do a deep clean on the entire shell. Take note of any damage, like chips or cracks, and call professional if you need repairs
- Refill and Adjust : When you;ve refilled the hot tub, test the water and adjust it until your alkalinity, pH and sanitizer levels are where they should be.
- Soak Filter : While you are cleaning and refilling the tub, soak the filter in a chemical filter cleaning solution.
Once a year , preferably right around the same time each year, you should do a full tune up.
- Flush Plumbing : This gets rid of bacterial and biofilm that builds up over time.
- Hardware and Wiring : inspect hardware and wiring : Inspect hardware and wiring Weather, pests, Chemicals and everyday wear and tear can all take a toll.
- Professional Tune-Up : Dreamspas maintenance professional will look at every aspect of your hot tub or sapa and make any necessary repairs.
- Inspect Cover : Take a close look for mold, water absorption, and cracks in the lining.
Professional Hot Tub and Spa Maintenance
As you can see, maintaining your hot tub or spa is simple, but it does take some time and consistency. If you want to do it on your own, we recommend keeping a good schedule and making sure you stick to it. However, sometimes you may not have the time or the will to do it on your own. If that’s the case, don’t just leave your hot tub to fend for itself. It isn’t self-maintaining, and neglect can end up costing you more money in repairs and reduced lifespan.
Instead, contact Dreamspas to arrange for cleaning and maintenance services. Whether you want us to come in and to your seasonal tasks or you want us there weekly, we’re here to help. We want you to enjoy your hot tub or spa for years to come. Contact us today to get started.
Dreamspas Limited has become the UK's leading wellness expert within a short period of time, providing exceptional hot tubs, swim spas and saunas alongside an awesome customer experience with ultimate wellness experience.You can relax to a hydrotherapy massage, get a total body workout with exercise bands, row bars and an aqua bike or swim endlessly in our infinity edge swim spa.
We promote health through hydrotherapy. For 17 years of Wellis Europe innovation, design and quality has defined our spas - but our passion has always been Wellness.
Checkout our showroom location at http://www.dreamspas.co.uk
Subscribe to Dreamspas YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/youtubedreamspas